Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right. 

123 N. Hill St
South Bend, IN 46617

574-287-6724

Board Minutes

March, 2014

PPC Admin

Meeting called to order at 7:40pm

 

Present:

Nathan, Chris, Judy, Susan, Heather, Quinn, Greg (GM).

Myles Robertson (employee)

Carey Gaudern (producer’s relation committee)

Approval of minutes:

February 2014 minutes approved.

Business:

Nathan is working on developing treasurer role. Action Item: Nathan will continue to work on role with Matt and GM .


Manager’s report discussed.


Parking lot needs striping as per temporary occupancy permit. GM will take point on the striping. Building committee will meet regarding Green Space, Bike Rack (outside of the building).


Board reiterates policy that decisions that cost of over $500 or change the fundamental functionality of the Store, Market, or PPC require approval of two Officers of the Board (approval can be given by email/text/call, etc).


GM recommends the Board create a policy regarding pre-paying NDFC loan. Tabled until next month.


Quinn will look into East Bank liquor license requirements.


Volunteer Coordinator (VC) Position Description has been written and posted on Google Docs. VC report to GM but work closely with various committees. GM will include in member email when appropriate. VC will be paid about 5 hours a week at $10 an hour.


Discussion on Wednesday Market and Saturday Market. Income from market is table fee (currently for advertising in Edible Michiana) and percentage surcharge.


Motion: The current surcharge split between 5% from producer and 4% from consumer will be combined into 9% from producer and 0% from consumer. Producers will be informed by GM and given four weeks before change goes into effect. The Board will communicate this motion to the member-owners. Passed 5-0


Motion: The 9% surcharge will help pay for volunteer coordinator (VC) for PPC and continue to pay for an employee to work the market. Passed 5-0


Motion: To have a saturday market from approximately June to Oct. The producer relations committee is responsible for working on logistics including parking, set up, take down, etc. Passed 4-0 (consent-1).


Tabled discussion regarding in-store market ordering (from a laptop or ipad). Issues regarding store vs market margin or surcharge, need for technology, extra burden on employees. The producer relations committee is encouraged to develop the idea.

Next Meeting Dates and Time:

Next meeting April 17th 7:30pm.

Meeting adjourned at 9:50pm.

 


 

Meeting Minutes

March 26th, 2014

This meeting is a continuation of the March 20th, 2014, to finish up loose ends.

 

Present:

Quinn, Judy, Chris, Susan, Tama,


Meeting called to order at 7:46pm


Kickstarter rewards. Quinn will talk to Greg. May be cheaper to reorder from instead of redesign. 

 

Marketing and Communications Committee needed to develop materials, advertising, media connections, etc. Susan will be the board representative on the committee. GM will send out in email our request.

 

Board requests an employee representative for board meetings. The employees shall choose their representative.

 

Potlucks should start up. The Community Committee will meet regarding this. Potentially match with First Friday event (tent in parking lot).

 

Grand opening targeting around May, Wednesday 6pm. The Community Committee will meet regarding this.


Board will keep on our radar the issue of overworking employees. We will check in regarding employee burnin at the next board meeting.


Next meeting as previously scheduling April 17th 7:30pm.

Meeting ended 8:40pm