Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right. 

123 N. Hill St
South Bend, IN 46617

574-287-6724

Board Minutes

March 19, 2015

Greg Koehler

 

Present: Chris, Nathan, Earl, Mike, Quinn, Heather (new board member), Marie, Tama, Molly (via Skype), Aubreah (employee rep), Greg (GM).

Good tidings and gratitude

Heather is our new board member. She will replace Heather Price’s spot on the board. Her term goes until the end of 2015. Quinn will onboard her regarding google docs.

 

Approve minutes from Board Meetings, February 19, 2015

Approval 6-0

 

Member-Owner Input

[NEW]

No issues this month

 

Standing committee reports

Everyone is up to date; problems or accomplishments are noted

 

Employee Update

Waiting for Tama to present regarding slushie.

 

Treasurer

Good response so far from Board email regarding. Online pledges (donations) and loans. Will continue weekly checks to Anon, but with extra amount. We will accept loans as low as $500.

 

Producer Relations

Plowshares Farm has submitted new application 8-0.

Chris will start reaching out to old producers to try to get more.

7:52

Marketing and Communications Committee

 

Work on long term marketing plan. This needs more input from GM, staff, and board. Also have a 6-month short term plan while the long term plan is being made. Everything is going well. Major focus now is on non-members, non-shopper. Work-flow between GM and Marie and Neil is working well so far. Marie will post plan on google drive for board feedback at some point in the future.

7:58

Membership Committee

 

Nothing to report.

 

Community Committee

PPC marched in the st patty’s day parade, was successful. There are monthly potlucks but it is shared with a church and it is not being well attended. Possibly move it to another location. Can increase awareness as well.

 

Two grant proposals (that would benefit the market). Tama is leading this effort.

8:08

Personnel Committee

Nothing to report.

 

Food Justice Committee

Nothing to report.

 

Manager’s Report

 

Keep updated about finances and other things; ask questions

NEW: Go to: https://sites.google.com/site/ppcboardinfo/

8:08 - 8:26

Slushie machine proposal

Tama has priced out several options and will meet with kitchen staff to estimate labor costs. Tabled until after that. Space issue.

8:26 - 8:30

Ancon Debt;

Fund drive is going well. We are moving forward with NDFCU loan. Still not sure their requirements.

Get more members: Staff/board competition discussed, maybe a $50 food credit for referring two new members.

 

Membership referral program, two new members from same referrer gets $50 food credit, will run until June 21st. Motion passed 9-0. GM will plan the details and implement.

8:30 - 8:50

Board retreat

Board needs to look over Susan’s emailed materials regarding governance policies and end’s statement. Will be April Sunday 26th, 1-4pm. Susan will re-email out (Chris will remind her).

8:50 - 8:52

Event planning and calendar

Paper calendar is in the back hallway. Also have a google calendar (but it isn’t used as much). Use the paper calendar to avoid double booking.

8:52 - 8:57

Staff/Board

  • social gathering

  • business gathering

Tabled, won’t be before 4/26.

8:57 - 9:01

    

GM will be out of office from 4/3 to 4/8.

Meeting ended: 9:04pm