Board of Directors
The Board Directors
ATTN: Our Annual All-Members Meeting will be held on Sunday, April 22nd
The Board of Directors meets every FOURTH TUESDAY. Meetings start at 6:30, usually last 2 hours - and are open to all Member-Owners.
The first 10-15 minutes are always reserved for Member-owners to participate. As a Member-owner - you are welcome. Do you have questions for the Board? Ideas on how to make the Co-op better? This is your time.
Location: EmNet -- just down the street from the Co-op -- in the Emporium building, 121 S. Niles Ave. Go in the front door and turn left. Normally the meetings are downstairs, but due to flooding this month (Feb. 2018), the meeting will be held upstairs.
Purple Porch Co-op’s Board of Directors conducts its business using the Policy Governance model, as do the boards of many cooperatives throughout the country.
The Co-op Board of Directors and their email address:
President: Nick Licina (2016-2018) email@example.com
Vice President: Molly B. Moon (2015-2020)
Treasurer: Danielle Meersman (2015-2020)
Secretary: Mike Geglio (2015-2020)
Chris Hebron (2009-2019)
Fred Meyers (2016-2018)
Sarai Godwaldt Charlene Rountree
Eligibility, Expectations, and Qualifications of Board Membership include:
- Must be an Owner / Member of PPC in good standing
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must state all potential conflicts of interest on application and must not have an overriding conflict of interest
- A three-year commitment to serving on the Board
- Familiarity with and adherence to the Co-op’s Bylaws and Policy Governance
- Preparation for, and active participation at, monthly Board Meetings & any ad hoc / emergency meetings.
- Attendance at Board training sessions, the annual retreat, and the annual Owner meeting
- Ability to understand financial statements provided by the General Manager (training provided!)
- Access to the Internet and availability to respond to frequent Board work-related online communications including Email, access to Google Docs (where Board documentation resides) & phone.
- A willingness to take responsibility for Board duties and to work together with understanding, mutual support and respect
- An ability to keep information and materials confidential
- Integrity, flexibility, and common sense
Role and Responsibilities of the Purple Porch Co-op Board of Directors:
- Legal representative of the Owner / Members and is responsible for the overall well-being of Purple Porch Co-op.
- Create and sustain a meaningful relationship with Owners
- Hire, compensate, delegate responsibility to, and hold accountable a General Manager
- Have expectations in the form of written governing policies that realistically address the broadest levels of all organizational decision and situations.
- Assign responsibility in a way that honors our commitment to empowerment and clear distinction of roles
- Regularly assess operational performance by monitoring our written governing policies
- Perpetuate the board’s leadership capacity using ongoing education, training, and recruitment
- Ensure that the cooperative remains financially secure and that owners receive a reasonable value on their equity in accordance with cooperative principles
- All Directors commit to a Code of Conduct and must sign a Conflict of Interest form.
The board is not involved with the daily operations of the store.
The Board Directors have a duty to represent the Owners at large and not a particular constituency, and to act in the Owners’ best interests.