NO MORE BAG CREDITS!
No – we just have a much better idea…
Many of you know that we have been giving you 10 cents for bringing in your own reusable bag. We think we can do better – for our environment AND community. We would like our customers to help us donate to a few valuable community organizations, while at the same producing less waste.
- Bring in your own reusable bag (or just refuse a bag, or reuse one of our boxes), travel mug, salad bar container
- and we’ll give you one Goat Nickel for each (maximum of 5 per visit).
- By dropping it in the jar of your choice, it represents a donation of 5 cents to the community organization that jar represents.
- By the way – it’s not a secret – by Purple Porch donating 5 cents instead of spending money on a new bag that would likely end up in the waste stream (recycling), the Co-op saves money. So, good for your environment, good for your community and good for your Co-op.
Want to help do more than 5 cents?
Well, keep reusing those bags (we have some beautiful PPC cloth bags for purchase, by the way). But seriously – we welcome your donation toward the causes. You may “buy” donations at the cashier and we’ll be sure that gets added to the tally.
THANK YOU DREW
We must acknowledge the inspiration for this program – the “Beer for Good” program at South Bend Brew Werks – developed by Member-owner Andrew Elegante.
What's Going on with BULK?
In an effort to make sure we're providing our customers the freshest products in our bulk department, we are temporarily packaging all products except for beans, lentils and popcorn. After we get a handle on some inventory issues, we'll bring back the self-serve bins.
In the meantime, we want to acknowledge that bagged products defeat part of the purpose of bulk - and that is waste minimization. Right now, we are prioritizing product quality - so please bear with us. And know that we are intentionally using higher quality bags that we hope will have a higher likelihood of getting reused in your homes. Plus, in many cases, we're including a twist tie so that you're able to give that bag more life.
THANK YOU for your patience.
Greg, your General Manager
'TIS THE GIVING SEASON - SO THIS EDITION IS ALL ABOUT PPC GIVING YOU LOWER PRICES AND FREE $$$$.
FREE GIFT CARDS (WHEN...)
December 5 - 31:
- Buy two $25 gift cards - we'll reward you with a free $5 gift card.
- Buy five $20 gift cards, we'll reward you with a free $15 gift card.
Yeah - that's a lot of free money. But we're convinced that our customers are the best way to spread the word about Purple Porch Co-op. Share these gift cards with your friends and family - especially the ones that still haven't stopped in.
MEMBER-OWNER DEALS FOR DECEMBER
Check out a list of the December Deals for Member-owners. Look for the YELLOW price tags in the store that has MBR SALE! on them. We're passing on the savings to our Member-owners.
LOCAL FARMERS MARKET - EVERY WEDNESDAY
Ordering is Friday noon through Monday 7pm - Click on the link and Bookmark it in your web browser. Everyone is welcome to use this online ordering system. Or just show up - meet your local producers on Wednesday 5:00 - 7:00pm (NEW HOURS FOR THE COLD MONTHS).